Move in Day

Well the day has come. I’m finally moved into college. Yesterday was probably the most tiresome days I’ve had in a while. Not just because I had to wake up at 4:45 in the morning. I woke up bright and early to make the drive down to the university. However, that might have been a little too early considering I was the first one here out of my entire freshman class…whoops. I was warmly welcomed into the building with a crowd of juniors and seniors cheering for me. It was super nice don’t get me wrong, but a little overwhelming. Unfortunately, since we were so early, we had to wait a bit and I had to walk in a second time later and get the same welcome all over again. 

After check-in, it was finally to move all of my stuff into the dorm. I’ve been waiting for this moment for so long and it’s finally here. We drove down the small hill to my dorm and you can probably guess what happened next. Yelling and screaming juniors and seniors welcoming me to my dorm. The best part though, we parked the car and a mass of them began to unload the car and bring all my stuff to the room. My family and I didn’t have to lift a finger. They were all so caring and encouraging, telling me how much I will love college. We walked into the room after everything was unloaded and I could only find one bed. There was definitely supposed to be two. I finally realized the second bed was buried under all my boxes and bags. This was absolutely the best way to move in and I will always remember that experience filled with loving people. 

It was time to unpack and organize. It took a good hour or two just to get everything out of the boxes. We made the bed, got my desk set up, my clothes in the closet, and after seemingly endless hours of getting everything situated, we were almost done. I decorated a little and I still need some small bins but my room is finally completed. This took most of the day but it was definitely worth it. I’m so happy with my dorm. 

We then had some activities where we got to meet new people and make friends. By the end of the night, I was exhausted. I think everyone was. This may sound odd but I know most people worry about this when moving into college. I dreaded the idea of communal bathrooms and showers. The first night was definitely rough and it’s going to take some getting used to, but I think I’ll adjust just fine after a week or so. Getting to sleep was also a little hard considering whatever the boys were doing on the floor above me. I eventually fell asleep but woke up at 3:00 in the morning. It’s easy to say I’m absolutely exhausted and it’s been a busy couple of days. They’ve been super fun though and I can’t wait to get integrated more into the school. 

Some of you may also be going through an experience like this and I’d love to hear your thoughts and how you’re doing! Let me know in the comments. 🙂

Leave a comment

%d bloggers like this: