Hey there, guys! With September upon us, that also means some lovely fall weather is on its way! Now I know my part of California doesn’t get a lot of change between the seasons, but we do have a couple weeks where it gets cold and rainy. Those are the weeks I look forward to during the autumn time, because believe it or not, I love a good rainy day. My blog has always been focused on California culture, fashion, and trends. But I like to change it up a bit during the fall and winter with the colors I wear to a slight change in my aesthetic. For example, I plan to replace one of my pillows this fall with a fluffy/furry one I got last year to match the feel of autumn.
So here’s a little list of things I’m especially excited about for fall (I’m sure most of you can relate to them, so hopefully your favorite thing is in this list):
1. Neutral/autumn colors: Orange, black, beige, mustard, brown, burgundy are all perfect colors for the season and I can’t wait for them to back in trend!
2. Pumpkin Spice Lattes: Okay, I’m going to be real honest here and say I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte last week…I know, a white girl who hasn’t had one every year?! Shocking! Starbucks just released their classic autumn drink recently and I’m hooked. If you’re wanting a warm, pumpkin drink to warm you up, definitely try it out.
3. Cuddling up with a blanket and a book while listening to the rain: This is probably one of my favorite things to do in the fall. On a cold, rainy day there’s nothing better than a big warm blanket, tea, and a book/Netflix. During school it’s hard for me to find time to read for leisure but I’m hoping to find time this autumn!
4. Going to eat pho with my boyfriend or friends on a chilly afternoon: So pho is kind of the new thing I’ve been obsessed with. If you don’t know, pho is a vietnamese dish that consists of rice noodles, broth, meat, sprouts, mint, and Sriracha sauce (for myself, I get the vegetarian pho since I don’t eat meat, so there’s a ton of veggies to replace it). I have never been a soup fan, but this has surprisingly won me over. Thanks to my boyfriend for getting me hooked and I have a few friends at school who love it as well! Perfect to warm you up on that wind blown day.
5. The smell and feel after it has just rained: A lot of things on this list have to do with rain because we don’t get a whole lot of it here and it never snows. It’s our little taste of the fall season that most Southern Californians look forward to. Watching the rain is a beautiful thing, but the smell after it has passed and the feel of the air after a downpour is one of my absolute favorite things!
That’s it for this week’s Talkative Tuesday! I hope you enjoyed my favorite things about the fall and that it got you into the September mood. I’m ready to say goodbye to the heat and hello to cuddly, chilly days. 🙂