Hello loves! I am so stoked that we have finally entered the fall season! Even in SoCal, the weather is starting to chill out a little bit (thank goodness!). I wanted to make a short little post about great places to go to celebrate Halloween and autumn in general! There are endless amounts of things to do and places to go but here is a list of my favorites:
1. Pumpkin Patches! Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to go to a pumpkin patch every year, but it’s a great place to get some fall themed pictures and spend your time doing something cute and interesting.
2. Corn Mazes! You can usually find a corn maze right next to a pumpkin patch. They kind of go hand in hand. Whether you want to take a stroll finding your way through the corn during the day or spooking yourself out at night, it’s a great activity to do with friends!
3. Getting your costume together! This isn’t much of an activity, but I love thinking about what I’m being for Halloween and getting my costume ready for the 31st. Even though Halloween is on a Monday this year, I’m making sure I have a great costume with kick butt makeup (per usual). I won’t reveal what I’m dressing up as right now, but you can bet there will be a post all about it!
4. Watching scary movies with your significant other or with friends! I’m not much of a horror movie viewer throughout the rest of the year, but during the fall time, I’m down for a psychological thriller. I’m not so much into the gory films as much as I’m into the “mess with your mind” type of movies. For example, The Birds, Gremlins, The Shining, or even The Sixth Sense. Sitting down with some popcorn and hot chocolate (or better yet, a Pumpkin Spice Latte) with a scary movie is the best during this time!
5. Pumpking Carving! I almost forgot this one but I’m glad it wasn’t left out! Most years I will carve pumpkins and make jack-o-lanterns. It’s a very creative activity for those of you who are on the artsy side. I know I’ve always loved the super detailed pumpkins on the porches!
6. Knott’s Scary Farm! I’ve only been to Knott’s during Halloween a couple of times, but it is so dang enjoyable! When I went the first time, I was afraid it would give me a lot of anxiety, but going with my boyfriend and friends added some comedic relief and it was actually super fun! Even if you’re slightly afraid to go, I would recommend you try it out. It makes for some hilarious and spooky memories!
Activities from this list can make some of the best memories, no matter how old you are! I can definitely say I enjoy every one of these! Let me know which one you love most or any traditions you have for this chilly season down below in the comments section! Thanks guys, stay spooky! 🙂