Hey lovelies! So since my health has not been at its best during the start of my summer break, I have had plenty of time to find some amazing Netflix shows. I would not recommend starting any of these shows if you are still studying for finals. However, if you need a chill day between long beach days and pool activities, try out some of my binge-worthy Netflix favorites! *These are in no specific order, but I will mention which ones are my top favorites/shows you absolutely need in your life at this very moment.
1. Riverdale: The current series I have been binging like CRAZY. The characters in Riverdale are inspired by the Archie comics. I love this throwback to classic comics I used to read as a kid in the summer. However, the creators definitely added a darker twist to the lives of each character and they even threw in some new stories. It’s so cool to see Cole Sprouse (from the Suite Life of Zach and Cody) as Jughead and in such a serious role considering his past with Disney. Not to mention, Cole and KJ Apa (Archie Andrews) are complete heartthrobs. This show definitely has me completely hooked and I need another season on Netflix! Definitely a top favorite of mine.
2. Lost: I actually binged this entire series last summer. It was kind of my summer 2016 show. I was super late to jump on the Lost bus but I’m so happy I did! This show has become one of my favorites and it’s definitely something I want to rewatch. Every season is completely captivating, even though it wrapped years ago. I love every single character the creators introduced, but I have to say I have a special place in my heart for Sawyer 😉 Lost is another one of my top favorites!
3. Girlboss: The story of how Sophia Amoruso created her business out of her passion after struggling for every penny. This inspiring and oftentimes hilarious series is great for fashion lovers. It is based off of and named from Sophia’s book “Girlboss,” which I can say is an equally inspiring book. It is a quick series to watch and totally worth it!
4. 13 Reasons Why: To be honest, I finished this series within a few days while on vacation in Santa Barbara. I watched this the first week it came out, simply wanting to see what the hype was all about. I love the actor who plays Clay, I think he did a fantastic job. To be even more honest, 13 Reasons Why definitely has a somber and saddening vibe to it. Since the main subject discussed in this show is teen suicide and depression, the viewer is left pretty shocked and a bit down by the end of the last episode. Don’t get me wrong it was a great series, but don’t watch this if you want to feel pepped up or need something to make you feel happier.
5. The Great British Baking Show: Do not, I repeat, DO NOT watch this show if you are hungry. This show brings together a group of fantastic British bakers to bake out of this world pastries and more! The vibe of this show is very calming somehow, even though it is a competition. It is clearly different from American baking or cooking shows that are usually quite stressful. Chill out with these British bakers and the stunning English landscape they bake in.
6. The Carrie Diaries: Another great show for that fashion lover in your life! Set in the 80’s its an amazing throwback to the trends of that decade. This series recounts the teenage years of Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City. I actually have never gotten a chance to watch Sex and the City, but I absolutely loved the Carrie Diaries. She lives the dream of a high school girl and although her adventures are pretty impractical for a person her age, the show is completely binge-tacular!
7. Gossip Girl: I watched Gossip Girl the first semester of this last school year and it was a show I had heard about for so long. However, it ended up being a little different than what I expected, in the best way! The lives of these characters are so glamorous on the Upper East Side of New York City. I was so captivated by the lives of these NYC royals, I totally recommend this series!
8. Friends: Of course, I have to mention my top favorite show of all time: Friends! I know this series is talked about repeatedly, but I honestly have rewatched this show about three times. Rachel, Ross, Monica, Chandler, Joey, and Phoebe are the friends you need in your life. I can’t get enough of their adventures as a group and I love getting wrapped up in their love stories. I can’t say enough about it, so if you haven’t seen Friends, please stop reading this post and go binge watch it! Go on, close that computer and turn on Netflix!
9. Leap Year: Although Leap Year is a movie and not a T.V. series, I thought it was worth mentioning. I just recently watched this adorable love story. I personally think it is the Irish equivalent to the movie About Time, which is set in England I believe. Such an adorable story and a great date movie!
Bonus – Bob Ross: Beauty is Everywhere: Alright here’s a little series you should check out if you don’t know who Bob Ross is. He is an amazing man who teaches you how to paint professionally with the flip of a brush! Seriously, is there anything Bob can’t paint?! I find him both hilarious but also quite talented. With his love of squirrels and landscapes, there’s no way you can’t fall in love with Bob Ross!
That’s about it for my binge-worthy Netflix shows list. Let me know if you have any favorites from this list as well or if there’s any shows I missed! I am always looking for something to watch so let me know down in the comments! Thanks guys! xx