Hi friends! So so happy you all have been loving my posts lately, I’ve been having a ton of fun writing and editing photos! To go along with this sort of travel theme I have going on, I thought I’d make another post related to packing, since that’s the stage I’m in right now lol. And the more I make lists and get some last items, the more I think, “Oh! I really needed that small thing, I’m so glad I didn’t forget it!” So if any of you are traveling in the near future, here is a list of things you most definitely want to have in your backpack or suitcase!
- Ziploc bags: These are things I have normally brought along on family trips. The little sandwich bags are great to hold small items that can be easily lost, for example bobby pins, hair ties, or even Q-tips. Larger ones are great to store clothes that need to be washed on a long trip or even wet bathing suits.
- Hand wipes: I think this is a nifty little thing to keep in your carry on and it doesn’t take up much space. You never know where you’ll be, so having some hand wipes to wash up could come in super handy (lol, get it? Sorry, I’ll stop.)
- Deodorant: This isn’t something I normally forget, but I feel like it’s an item that isn’t exactly at the very top of everyone’s list. However, it’s definitely something that every person needs! I usually buy the Secret Outlast gel deodorant (scent free) from Target and again, it doesn’t take up much space.
- Hair brush: Conair sells this great set of brushes with a normal sized one and also a travel size. I think this is super smart of them to offer to customers who are traveling far. This little brush will work out perfect for Europe, considering I’m trying to pack as light as possible.
- Advil: Advil is one of those things that I can’t go anywhere without. I suffer from headaches very easily, especially when flying or if I get too hungry. Usually people don’t anticipate little pains like headaches or discomfort, but personally I would like to be prepared for those things and have medicine like Advil on hand!
- Hair bands: Ahh the wretched hair bands: always needed but so easily lost or forgotten! Many girls keep one of these things on their wrists at all times, but even so, the possibility of them getting lost is very high. So don’t forget them when packing for a trip, you know you’ll need them at one time or another!
- Band-aids: If you’re planning on walking miles and miles where you’re going, don’t forget a box of band-aids! This is an item that I absolutely cannot forget because blisters are inevitable. If you do happen to get a blister, those things are darn painful, and band-aids will ease the pain.
- Makeup remover: As a makeup lover, packing my makeup for this long trip is extremely important! I’ve had to replenish a few things to make sure I wouldn’t run out of them in Europe. You never know if the country you’re traveling to will have the product you normally use, so packing what you need (and enough of it) is vital. However, with all that hustle and bustle, don’t forget makeup removers to clean up at the end of the day!
- Face wash: I bet on your vacation you’ll be out all day exploring and having fun with friends or family. At the end of that long day, you’re going to want to freshen up for bed and get all cozy. You can’t do that without face wash. It’s definitely one of the most important items you can pack! I of course will be packing my trusty Cetaphil, can’t go anywhere without it!
*Bonus tip: If you’re worried your suitcase will be lost by an airline, which happens once in a while, store an extra outfit and undergarments in your carry on. That way, you’ll have an extra set of clothes and the ones you’re wearing in the slim chance that an airline loses your luggage!
So that’s all for another travel inspired post! Hopefully you guys aren’t getting too tired of hearing about Europe, haha. It’s just such a big step for me and I’m going so far out of my comfort zone, literally and figuratively. But man, am I excited! Stay tuned for my Q&A post coming up tomorrow along with photos once I get to Europe! xx