Hello beautiful friends! Hope you all are having the loveliest of days. Lately I’ve been thinking a bit about skincare and my long experience with acne. I even have a YouTube video all about my journey with acne! It’s been long and difficult, but I think at this point where my skin is the best it’s ever been, I can share a few tips with others going through a similar struggle. So keep on reading if you want a few quick tricks to keep your skin young and bright!
- Drink A TON of water: I know this tip is probably mentioned on every beauty blog or beauty related video out there. But there is a reason for that: it works! Recently I’ve been making a huge effort to constantly drink water throughout the day and I can tell it’s making a difference in my skin. It’s smoother and it even seems some of my breakouts are healing faster. Not only that, drinking water helps with weight loss, and who doesn’t want to lose a few pounds simply by drinking water?! Sign me up!
- Moisturize: Throughout my life, I wasn’t very consistent with moisturizing my face. Throughout the last 6 months, I’ve been much better about using moisturizer and I can say it’s made a 100% difference. My redness has subsided and my skin has seriously never been smoother. I have been using La Mer, which by now I sound like a broken record because I’m so freaking obsessed with it and I mention it every chance I get! I believe in it so much that if you are at the last straw with your skin, please please PLEASE try it! If not that, Clinique has a great moisturizer as well. Whatever your preference, be sure to moisturize consistently, morning and night!
- ALWAYS remove your makeup: This may seem like an obvious one, but I remember my times in high school where I would stay out super late and be too exhausted to take off my makeup. I would go to bed with my makeup on!!! Can you imagine that?? I could never ever do that in my life now. And if you’re one of those people, STOP! (LOL) But in all seriousness, clogging your pores while you sleep for hours is not doing you any favors. It will cause major breakouts and not lead to healthy skin. I always remove my makeup before bed with the Neutrogena face wipes and wash with Cetaphil (which is another product I swear by).
- Avoid sweets at all cost: This is something I still struggle with and am trying to control. I have such a strong sweet tooth all the time, but it leads to some serious breakouts. Whenever I breakout on my chin or along my jawline, I know I have eaten too many sweets (particularly chocolate). What can I say, it’s my weakness. So my advice to you is, try to get off the chocolate/candy addiction as early as possible. If you’re breaking out on that part of your face, try analyzing what you’ve been eating, and I bet it’s sweets. Cut that out and you’ll be peachy!
- Understand that breakouts will happen from time to time: This tip refers specifically to women. I totally get that acne is super frustrating, but for us women it tends to flare up every month around our periods. Every month I get a little annoyed when my acne flares up slightly, but I know its from my period. The trick is to know that there is a reason it’s happening and it will subside towards the end of your cycle. It won’t last forever and all will be fine once it’s over! Try to keep your head up!
So there’s a short little read for you regarding skin health and clarity. For me it’s been years and years of trying to get it to where it is now. And I totally know many, many people go through exactly the same thing. Try using these little tips and tricks to keep your skin healthy and glowing. Let me know what works best for your skin in the comments below!