Hello all! You guys probably aren’t aware, but I am by no means a master chef. Actually, I’m pretty trash when it comes to cooking. I haven’t practiced that much, so naturally the list of delicious meals I can cook is limited. However, there is hope! This summer I have been obsessed with this one recipe, I just had to share it with you guys! A summer salad with fruit, kale, and so many more yummy things is what I’ve craved all season long. And it takes no time to make! Without further ado, here is what you’ll need:
- fresh kale
- shredded parmesan cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- roasted (or just sliced) almonds
- salt and pepper (if you’d like)
Pretty simple list right? I’ve seen this sort of salad at many restaurants, in fact the photo below is from a restaurant called Active Culture, which is a very healthy, quite delicious place to eat. Their version of the salad was absolutely amazing, but they used actual salad dressing, whereas I prefer simple oil and vinegar. So here are the easy steps to take to make this salad:
- If you bought fresh kale from the grocery store, your first step is to clean it. Then, break off a bunch of pieces to create the base of your salad.
- Cut up some grapes! You can either throw in whole grans or cut them in half, which I prefer because they’re easier to eat. Throw those in the bowl with the kale!
- Add in some of those toasted almonds or plain almond slices. You can buy these by the bag at grocery stores.
- Add in the raisins! I usually don’t add these in at home, but they were just so delicious at the restaurant!
- Lastly for toppings, sprinkle in the parmesan cheese. I try to go light on the cheese, since dairy is not the best thing for your body. If you are vegan, leave out the cheese for the perfect vegan meal!
- Add in some drizzles of olive (or avocado) oil and balsamic vinegar to act as the dressing. It is super light, yet extremely flavorful!
- Toss that up and you’ve got the perfect fruity salad.
And that’s the whole recipe! Really its just throwing a bunch of ingredients into a bowl, mixing it up, and it’s done! I honestly love recipes like this though because it’ll be perfect to make in my apartment and even save the next day for lunch if I have leftovers. Leftovers are a girl’s best friend while in college! Let me know if you’ve ever had a salad like this before, I know they go great with strawberries and blueberries as well! Comment down below, I’d love to hear your thoughts! xx