Hello lovelies! Hope you are all doing well on this fine Saturday. So even though I am a single lady, that doesn’t stop me from fantasizing about magical dates and adventures. I thought I’d make a little list of romantic dates I love going on and future plans I’d love to be a part of. It’s going to be October themed, since I love going on excursions according to the season. So here’s a few ideas for you guys, let me know if you’ve ever gone on dates like these or which one is your favorite!
- A little trip to the pumpkin patch! I don’t know about you guys, but I’m still a bit of a kid at heart. I absolutely love going to pumpkin patches during the fall time and making those memories. Everything is so warm and beautiful and orange and I just think it’s such an adorable place to visit with your significant other. It works great for a first date as well, in my opinion. It’s something unique you can do once or twice a year and it gives you an opportunity to talk to the other person while exploring through the pumpkins.
- Get lost in a corn maze! This is very similar to the pumpkin patch idea, but definitely involves more walking and a little bit of thinking. I did a corn maze with my boyfriend at the time last year and it was tons of fun! It was quite the easy maze, but seriously so fun to walk through! Not to mention it was pretty hilarious to hide in the corn and pop out to scare him…muahaha! It’s also nice to simply stroll through, take your time, and admire the tall leaves and ears of corn.
- Go to a theater for a scary movie or stay inside and binge some classic horrors! About this time of year I can’t get enough of the scary movies, especially classics like the Shining or even the Nightmare Before Christmas (that’s one of my favorites!) I recently went to see “It” in theaters with a couple friends, and it would be a great date movie in my opinion. It freaks you out just the right amount but was also quite hilarious. The perfect mix for a scary date movie! I’m also a fan of sitting on the couch with a bunch of blankets binging some classics on Netflix. Usually during this time Netflix will add a bunch of horror or Halloween inspired films. As mentioned before, Nightmare Before Christmas is on there right now, as well as Corpse Bride and Coraline!
- Listen to the rain and drink some tea/pumpkin spice. One of my absolute favorite things in the world is listening to the rain. It doesn’t rain too much here in Southern California, but when it does I can’t get enough of it. The smell, the patterns it makes on the pavement, and the sound create a dreamy environment that I wish we could experience more often. Honestly a perfect moment I want this minute is to get a giant fluffy blanket, some tea, turn on some American Horror Story, and listen to rain against a window with a significant other. It doesn’t take much to make me happy, lol. Simple moments like that are what I live for.
- Carve some pumpkins! Again, I am such a child at heart. One of my favorite things to do in the fall is to carve pumpkins. The guts are disgusting, so he can always do that part, lol. Designing and carving your own pumpkin together is just so fun and you end up with something special in the end.
- Take a trip up a mountain. I am very lucky to live in a place where I can experience both the wide ocean and tall mountains. Even though I prefer the water, I love driving up a mountain during this time of the year. A great place a lot of people from San Diego like to go is Julien. This is about a couple hours’ drive inland from San Diego. Julien is a little town up the mountain that sells the well known “Mom’s Pies” and apple cider. There are pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and the whole town is an autumnal wonderland. It is a truly unique place surrounded by pines and crisp air.
- Beach/backyard picnics! This is absolutely my favorite date of all time. I know a lot of people don’t have access to sand or surf, so I am really blessed to be able to have a romantic picnic on the beach. I usually would bring a blanket and a large picnic basket full of dinner, dessert, and lemonade. After dinner, sitting and watching the sunset was the perfect end to a simple and extremely romantic date. This was quite a frequent event for me, but it was always my favorite. This can be done anywhere, you don’t need a beach! A quaint park, or even a cute little setup with candles in your front or backyard would be just as amazing!
So those are some of my favorite dates to go on and some things I wish I could experience this season. Do you have a favorite date to go on or is there anything specific you’d like to do with a significant other? Let me know down below! xx