Hey everyone! A while back I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Sarah and I am just getting the opportunity to answer the questions! A lot of them are focused on blogging, and since I love the topic, I knew I wanted to get involved in this award! Thanks you so much Sarah for the sweet nomination and for being so active on my blog all the time! Definitely check out her blog (it’s linked in her name above) because I really enjoyed reading her answers to these questions. They were genuine and lighthearted all at the same time! So without further ado, here are the rules for the award and my answers to the questions.
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate any number of bloggers you really like, linking to their blogs
- Let them know you nominated them
- Ask your nominees 7 questions
- How would you describe your blogging style? I try to keep my writing as true to my speech as possible. When I’m writing, everything that is in my head goes through my fingers, onto the keyboard, and to the screen. Honestly, I should probably re-read my posts a little more carefully, but I like the personal touch my writing has. I hope it comes out lighthearted and something everyone can relate to. I think/hope it also has a bit of edge to it. I am brutally honest on this blog, especially when it comes to fashion and beauty items. But most of the time I will share products with my readers that I think will be interesting to them and things they will want to research more themselves. I hope my blogging style invites anyone and everyone to state their own opinions and be a part of a community that is supportive and genuinely caring.
- How do you motivate yourself to keep on blogging and posting good content? LOL, honestly sometimes it’s very hard to be consistent and post good content that someone will find intriguing. In the blogging, fashion, and beauty world, setting yourself apart means everything. Otherwise, you get caught in a sea of clones. The hardest thing for me has been finding those few things that make me especially different. The items I post on my blog are things I find really beautiful, but a lot of the time its something the rest of the beauty community finds beautiful, so my post sounds almost repetitive to other bloggers or content creators. I’m trying to find my way through this and be truly unique; but I think that comes with time.
- What would you say are the pros and cons of being a blogger? There are SO MANY pros when it comes to being a blogger. It is my greatest hobby, but blogging specifically has become so much more to countless people. The possibility of my hobby becoming something substantial is exciting to me and pushes me to be relentless with it. It is very similar to a relationship. The chase is a very exciting time because of the possibility of gaining something amazing and life changing from it. The fact that this blog could help me in my future career or one day could become my career is a great thought that one day I hope becomes reality. One of the cons is something I’ve mentioned before: consistency. It is one of the most important things you could do as a blogger, but also one of the hardest. We all have a life outside of WordPress, whether means being a full time student or having a demanding job.
- What is it that you genuinely find pure bliss in? Without hesitation, sitting by the ocean. Some of my favorite times in the summer is having a beach picnic, sitting in the sand with my toes buried, and watching the sunset. Even in the winter though, I love taking the time to enjoy God’s version of art. The colors of the moving sea with the fiery hues of the sun is a combination I can’t ever live without.
- If you could travel back in time, what would you tell your younger self? It’s funny this question is a part of the award because I have an entire post that basically answers this question. You can find that here if you’re interested. To sum it up, we all have so many different seasons in our lives that come and go. Go times and bad times. We need the bad to appreciate the good and that’s something I’ve really been trying to focus on lately.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why? I’ve talked about traveling a lot on my blog, and I’ve mentioned many times before that my #1 place to travel to is London. I was so lucky to go there this summer and it was an absolute blast! The next places I would be absolutely ecstatic to visit would be Ireland, Scotland, and Santorini. There is so much history in Scotland and Ireland, which is something that really intrigues me about all of Europe. I was in Athens, Greece this summer which was very different from the island of Santorini, so I’d really love to see that. Hopefully one day I will be able to explore these places!
- What is your most dominant personality trait? In her post, Sarah asked those around her what her most dominant personality trait was. I thought this was a great idea so I did the same! According to my mom and sister, I am a perfectionist, thoughtful, and like being in control (LOL, thanks sis). Which honestly I think all of these are at least partly true. I am 100% a perfectionist, especially when it comes to art, design, and fashion. I really do take into consideration the thoughts of others and I worry about them (maybe more than I should). Lastly, I do like being in control. I like knowing what my plans are and where my life is going. Some could see this as a bad thing, but I see it as being focused and prepared, which is needed in most situations. A lot of things are out of your control, which I admit and definitely happens sometimes in life.
*Some of these are new questions, some are taken from the ones above.
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- If you could travel back in time, what would you tell your younger self?
- How do you motivate yourself to keep on blogging and making good content?
- If you had to watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would that movie be?
- What made you start a blog?
- What was one of the funniest moments of your life that you could never forget?
- What is your favorite makeup/fashion brand or icon?
I’m excited to see the responses from you guys, but totally don’t feel pressured to do the tag! Have fun with it! Hope you guys enjoyed my answered and thanks again to Sarah for the nomination. I love how these tags bring the community together, which is exactly why I like to do them! Have a great night everyone and hope all my readers in the U.S. had a fantastic Thanksgiving yesterday! xx