Yes guys, it’s time to start Blogmas!!! Better yet, it’s Friday so what better day to start this?! I’ve watched so many of my favorite YouTubers do vlogmas every year and I always look forward to their Christmas inspired videos throughout December. I just recently found out that there’s a BLOGmas and I immediately knew I wanted to try it. I’ve never done a post every single day for almost a month straight before, so I will try my best to keep this as consistent as possible and try to post everyday until December 25th. I thought I would start this blogging venture off with a list of my most memorable Christmas traditions, whether that’s with friends or family! Hope you enjoy!
- Driving around looking at Christmas lights: This is one of the oldest traditions my family and I have. Ever since I can remember we have this tradition of driving around different neighborhoods searching for the house with the most amazing lights. We’ve seen some crazy houses that sync their lights to a radio station and put on the most amazing show.
- Watching It’s a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve: This is something we do without fail every year. One the sun goes down, we pop in the DVD of “It’s a Wonderful Life” and enjoy the fireplace and glowing Christmas tree.
- Making the best hot chocolate you’ll ever have: Hot chocolate is one of my favorite beverages EVER and when Christmas rolls around, my addiction worsens. I’ll be honest, I go the easy route and use the prepackaged hot chocolate mix from Nestle, but I kind of love it lol! I put a load of whipped cream on the top with cinnamon and a mini candy cane to give a more peppermint taste. It is seriously to die for and packed with Christmasy flavor!
- Christmas day with the fam: Of course, my favorite tradition is spending time on Christmas day with my extended family. We host Christmas at my house, so a lot of preparation goes into one day. My parents cook, the kids run around playing with their newly acquired Christmas toys, and we all enjoy conversations with each other all day.
- Listening to Christmas bops all month long: This one is definitely a given. No one can get away from the best Christmas music during this time of year. With songs from Elvis, Mariah Carey, and the Pentatonix, you can’t help but get in the holiday mood!
- Ice skating: Since I live in a place that does not get remotely cold, we have to go to an ice rink to get anywhere near snow. I’ve gone ice skating the past few years and even though I am absolutely horrible at it, it’s still extremely fun to bundle up and lace up the skates!
What Christmas traditions do you have? If you live somewhere that gets cold and snowy, what do you like to do during this time of year? Talk to you guys tomorrow for Blogmas Day 2!
Let’s connect, I don’t bite!