My Travel Journal: Brighton, England

Hello beauties! This will be the final post from my England travels! I’m very glad I split these up into separate cities, since I clearly have way too many photos to squeeze into one post! I’m excited to share my adventures with you from Brighton, England! Brighton is a little beach city, which is on the southern coast of England and about an hour south of London. We arrived in the city on a bright and sunny afternoon, perfect for walking around and exploring. I’m super happy with the photos, so without further ado: Brighton, England!

brighton2.JPG

brighton1.JPG

brighton4.JPG

brighton3.JPG

Facetune-7.jpg

We started off our day with a short train ride from London to Brighton. It was a very easy ride and we loved looking around the beautiful countryside of England. As I mentioned in my previous post about Windsor Castle, everything is so beautiful and green, which is so much of a contrast to California. My sister Skye read her Mini Book of Mindfulness while I watched the beautiful landscapes, which were oftentimes filled with goats and horses. Once we arrived, we were greeted by a colorful “Welcome to Brighton” sign and found directions to Brighton Pier, which was our main destination. I do have to say, I absolutely love the building with the Adventure Time art all over it. I have a very nerdy side and am such a fan of the show and the art style it exhibits. The colors and simple lines made this building one of the most unique things I’ve ever seen. We need more beautiful corners like this everywhere!

brighton5.JPG

brighton6.JPG

brighton7.JPG

We loved stopping by the fountain to listen to the water and these birds were just so happy!

brighton18.JPG

Facetune.jpg

It was about a mile walk to the coast, which I didn’t mind because of all the lovely architecture around the city. I was simply obsessed with all the colorful buildings and detailed architecture. I have never seen anything quite like it, and I wish we did this more in the states. The whimsical and exciting nature of this city really fascinated me and wasn’t anything like I was expecting. It was much more of a city environment than a tiny beach town. Growing up in a small surf city in Orange County, I was expecting more beach bums and cute bohemian houses. However, it is much more bustling and exciting than that.

brighton9.JPG

Facetune-6.jpg

brighton8.JPG

brighton12.JPG

Facetune-1.jpg

brighton15.JPG

brighton10.JPG

When we finally made it to the beach, I was so excited to get onto the pier. I had seen videos and photos of it before, and I finally had my chance to look around! The first thing I noticed that was so different from my beaches at home were the rocks that covered the entire shore. Our beaches at home are usually full of fluffy (and sometimes scorching) sand all the way down to the water. With the lights stringing along the front of the pier, I imagine its simply gorgeous at night and a great date spot! So jealous of you Brighton couples! I also noticed a strange building (if that’s the correct term for it) in the distance that was built out into the water. It’s something I’ve seen before, but it was so fun seeing this mysterious structure for myself.

brighton13.JPG

Facetune-5.jpg

Of course, I was snapping away with my Nikon the entire day!

brighton16.JPG

brighton14.JPG

brighton17.JPG

Facetune-4.jpg

Looking through some photos on a little walking break

The pier is covered in arcade games, rides, and cute shop to buy food at. You could spend hours here, just playing games and having a great time. Bumper cars and a horror house included, my favorite! Another small detail I love about this pier is the detailing along the railings, and the fact that the buildings are all white! It gives such an old timey feel that I just adore. Brighton placed a large sign that said “Brighton Pier” at the very front, which is iconic but unfortunately when we were there, they were taking it down. Hopefully they just need to restore it and aren’t removing it for good! Luckily, they have a couple other signs that say “Brighton Pier” along the sides, as you can see in the photo above.

Facetune-3.jpg

I have to say one of my favorite parts of the day was getting a little ice cream cone and walking along the streets of Brighton, parallel to the sea. I think this is one of my favorite places in England, partly because the ocean reminds me so much of home. Simply hearing the seagulls, watching the waves, and feeling the sunshine brought me back to California and made me so happy. Unfortunately I will mention, we ate lunch at a small vegan shop somewhere in the city and I ended up with a horrible fever and stomach cramps, as I’ve talked a lot about in previous posts. This was a bummer, but I feel lucky I could still fully enjoy our day in Brighton! It truly was a quaint and magical place that I would definitely recommend visiting.

Let me know what you guys think of the photos and I’ll talk to you very soon! Love you all!

signature.png

Check me out here! Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter

61 Comments

1. June 25, 2018 / 4:09 pm

These are such gorgeous pictures!! Looks like you had a lovely time! <3

2. June 25, 2018 / 4:27 pm

Awesome pictures! I’m hoping to do a big UK trip at the end of this year. Your blog posts will come in handy for this. Also, I just watched your life video on Instagram. You did a great job! It was very natural and your makeup looked beautiful in the end 🙂 Keep up the good work girl!

• June 25, 2018 / 11:37 pm

that sounds amazing!! and i genuinely hope they give you some good travel ideas! and omg thank you! i want to do them more often to get used to filming. i’m so awkward sometimes lol but i really want to add more videos to my blog! xx

• June 25, 2018 / 11:44 pm

You weren’t awkward at all today 🙂 I think you handled it the right way when this creep started to send all these messages. I wanted to report him earlier but I though maybe you knew him and it was just a joke so I wanted to wait and see first. I reported his messages in the end 🙂

• June 26, 2018 / 1:35 pm

thank you so much for being supportive and protective of me. i get a lot of dm’s similar to those messages and i believe the best way to handle it is to ignore it😂 but when it gets obnoxious like that it’s very annoying, so thank you so much for reporting it💕 i appreciate you!!

• June 26, 2018 / 4:28 pm

No worries! 🙂

3. June 25, 2018 / 5:28 pm

Again, your pictures are amazing, beautiful lady! XO!

• June 25, 2018 / 11:36 pm

ahh thank you love, you’re a gem! xx

• June 25, 2018 / 11:36 pm

thanks so much! I’m really glad you enjoyed the post as much as I enjoyed writing and editing! xx

4. June 25, 2018 / 10:54 pm

So glad you had an amazing time, your photos are amazing! It’s so strange that you wrote you enjoyed the sound of seagulls. With my flat surrounded by them I’d never classed them as an enjoyable sound 😂

Tori | JustTheBeginning-x.com
    Latest blog post – 1 year Blogiversary and Giveaway!

• June 25, 2018 / 11:35 pm

haha i mean too much of them can definitely be a nuisance. but their sound will always remind me of the ocean and home <3

5. June 25, 2018 / 11:12 pm

Brighton is one of my favourite places! 💛

• June 25, 2018 / 11:34 pm

it’s lovely isn’t it??

6. June 26, 2018 / 8:19 am

What Nikon camera do you use? The photos look incredible! I actually prefer stony beaches to sand beaches as sand gets everywhere whereas stones are quite easy to get out of clothes and food if they happen to end up there. xx

• June 26, 2018 / 1:33 pm

i use a nikon D5500. although i’d love to sell mine and switch to a canon. the nikon is great though, the quality is always beautiful! and that’s very true

• June 30, 2018 / 2:15 pm

How come you want to switch to a Canon if you dont mind me asking? xx

• June 30, 2018 / 2:21 pm

most people in my digital photo class had a canon and it’s simply better when it comes to videos. i’ve been wanting to incorporate video more into my blog so i’m just thinking towards the future. but nikons by no means are bad cameras, they’re very high end

• June 30, 2018 / 2:22 pm

Ah okay that makes sense. I have a Canon camera and absolutely love it but it is nowhere near as good quality as your current one!

• June 30, 2018 / 7:47 pm

oh that’s interesting! maybe research some upgrades?

7. June 26, 2018 / 5:55 pm

A fantastic look at such a fun place! I’d love to visit someday (: great pics

• June 26, 2018 / 6:20 pm

thank you so much!

8. June 29, 2018 / 5:38 am

I love Brighton and can’t wait to go back for a day trip in a few weeks!

The beaches on this side of England do tend to be pebble beaches, although in other parts there are sandy beaches I promise!

If you feel like it check out my post on near by Hastings here https://ageofescapades.wordpress.com/2018/06/27/homeward-to-hastings/ There’s an annual Pirate Day, when the town dresses up as pirates and there is a parade and other activities. This year it’s on July 15th and I’ll be writing a post reviewing it!

• June 29, 2018 / 1:56 pm

that’s good to know that there’s sandy beaches around the country too!

9. June 29, 2018 / 7:53 am

Sounds like you had an amazing time!! I love all your photos, particularly the one with all the different coloured houses down the street xx

• June 29, 2018 / 1:55 pm

ahh those are my favorite photos too! they’re really special💕 thanks so much girl!

10. July 3, 2018 / 10:59 am

Love your photos! I’m from Brighton and you’ve really captured my city. Glad you enjoyed your travels x

• July 3, 2018 / 7:11 pm

thank you so much, that means so much to me! i really try to capture my travels accurately and make my readers feel like they were also there! xx thanks again!

11. July 4, 2018 / 9:49 pm

Brighton looks like a beautiful city. Loved all the amazing pictures

• July 5, 2018 / 1:01 pm

it really was a colorful place! thank you so much!

12. July 25, 2018 / 11:23 am

GREAT POST 👌

13. August 1, 2018 / 12:04 am

I love Brighton so much! Reading through this brought back all I felt for that place. I love the photos you added as well. Ah how I wish I was back there now walking along the pier with a crepe melting in my hands!

• August 4, 2018 / 2:51 pm

wow that sounds like the perfect memory! it reminded me so much of home. it was a much busier city but I still loved it so much!

14. August 9, 2018 / 7:09 am

Very awesome article post! keep up to good work

15. August 19, 2018 / 12:45 pm

Thank you for sharing your travels! We are headed to the UK next summer, and your words and images are a great primer for our anticipation!

• August 19, 2018 / 10:16 pm

so glad it helped! I love that my posts can shed a little light for anyone going abroad or help in any way! I’m jealous you have a trip to the UK planned! lol xx

16. August 20, 2018 / 3:23 am

Love your photos! You capture things so nicely it just makes you pack a bag and go there.

• August 20, 2018 / 8:26 pm

ahh thank you for saying so!! i always try to capture details and make someone feel like they’re there with me

17. roomsnow
    August 21, 2018 / 4:48 am

Beautiful pictures and amazing journey.. I like it

• September 9, 2018 / 7:59 am

thank you!! it really was a beautiful place!

18. September 11, 2018 / 5:03 pm

Man, I wish I could get to England. All of my travels have never yet taken me there. Bucket List!

• September 11, 2018 / 6:22 pm

i’m sure you’ll get there one day! you’ll never want to come back once you explore england! lol

• September 21, 2018 / 4:29 pm

Aw thank you! I’m so glad you enjoyed the post!!

19. November 17, 2018 / 11:45 pm

• November 18, 2018 / 10:01 am

so glad you enjoyed! i’m super jealous you’re headed to england next summer, i’d love to go back again. it was some of the best days of my life

20. srilankaeconomytours
    January 16, 2019 / 9:30 pm

Love these photos. I am from Sri Lanka. Can you please write some article about my country. If you are a traveler, Sri Lanka is a paradise. Getting relax on beach, impressive nature, eye-catching sceneries, helpful people, colorful culture and arts of adventure will make your kick on tourism. So, like visiting Sri Lanka? Need to arrange a round tour? Sri Lanka Economy Tours, serves you the best.

• January 30, 2019 / 6:13 pm