Hey everyone! I seriously can’t believe it’s already October! Time seems to be flying quicker and quicker each month but October is such a busy and exciting one. Personally, even though I’m so bummed summer is over, I really enjoy the cooler days and all the fall festivities. Even though I live in a place that never gets extremely chilly, we have a few fun traditions that I look forward to every year. Halloween happens to be my favorite holiday (I mentioned this in my 10 random facts about me on Instagram) and I love every spooky movie or T.V. show. So for today’s post I thought I’d put together a fall inspired activities list, including things I’ve done every year and new things I want to try!
Traditions Never Die
Let’s start out with some things I’ll definitely be doing to kick off the fall season! These have been some of my favorite things to do even as a kid.
- Pumpkin carving (my artsy self loves to go all out with pumpkin designs)
- Looking for/putting together a Halloween costume
- Falling asleep to the rain (when we actually get rain)
- Going to see a movie on a rainy night
- Going to a pumpkin patch
- Walking through a corn maze
- Visiting Julian (near San Diego county)
- Decorating the house/my room for fall
- Watching psychological thrillers/classic Halloween movies (for example one of my favorites, Nightmare Before Christmas)
- Go to Knott’s Scary Farm to get a good spook
- Watching (and re watching) classic Halloween T.V. episodes from my childhood
- Driving through Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte (yes, I do actually really enjoy a PSL once in a while, LOL)
- Making a cup of tea or hot chocolate and snuggling up on the couch with a large blanket on a cold/rainy night
- Eating too many Kit Kats
- Breaking out some Halloween inspired playlists (which always include Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”, Rihanna’s “Disturbia”, and Shakira’s “She Wolf”)
- Layering fall outfits with knee high boots, long coats, and scarves
- Watching fall inspired YouTube videos (especially spooky story times)
- Going to the beach on a stormy evening. A choppy and dark sea is actually very beautiful even though it’s very cold.
Trying Something New!
- Bake a pie! I absolutely love apple and pumpkin pies (especially around Thanksgiving) but I’ve never attempted to make one before. I’d love to do more baking in general during the holidays!
- Try making a homemade pumpkin spice drink
- Make a bullet journal
- Create some fall inspired videos for YouTube/the blog!
- Visit Solvang (a Danish town in California)
- Read some Edgar Allen Poe to get in the Halloween mood
I need more new fall activities on my bucket list! Let me know down in the comments if you have any unique traditions you think I should try. I’m always up for something new! Hope this post gave you some good ideas, new autumn posts coming very soon to the blog! Talk to you soon xx